Believe it or not, most women can wear strapless and even look great in it! The support of any bra, whether it’s strapless bra or a regular bra, comes from the band. The band is what keeps your bust up, while the straps simply help the bra lie flat against your bust. This means that, with a little extra support from the band, the straps aren’t really necessary.
Enlightened? Here are a few more things you ought to know before donning a strapless bra.
- For crying out loud, find out what your actual bra size is! The majority of women are wearing the wrong size bra and don’t even know it. So, learn how to determine your bra size! Take Clovia’s Fit Test today.
- Strapless bras rely heavily on the bands, so you must make sure you’re wearing the correct size. Maximum support comes from the band.
- Some women try on convertible bras and don’t bother taking OFF the straps to see how it works strapless. Just because it works well with the straps on, doesn’t mean it’s going to be able to properly load bear without them!
- Look for strapless bras that are convertible and have straps with versatility. You are gypping yourself if you don’t seek out a convertible style. Look for ones with straps long enough to become halter bras and criss-cross bras as well as regular front strap bras. See the video on the right for a great demonstration on the convertible bras.
What to look for while buying a strapless bra?
Here are top 5 things to look for in a strapless bra:
1. No-slip grip:
Pretty much everyone can agree that the most important feature of a strapless bra is that it doesn’t travel south. Having to constantly shimmy your bra back into place can take all the fun out of your perfect off-the-shoulder look. Opt for a bra with good silicone elastic at the cup edge and back to prevent slipping.
2. Strap options:
For many of us, our strapless bra sits around waiting for a special occasion to be worn. But with detachable bras in the mix, you add versatility to your bra and can wear it more often. Look for bras that include removable straps—bonus points for those that come with more than one pair!
3. The right size cup:
A strapless bra has to do a lot: stay put, support you, stay comfortable, and look smooth under your outfit. The right cup size is crucial for all of these, and our half cup sizes can help you find the perfect fit.
4. More hooks for larger sizes:
Larger breasts need more support, especially when straps aren’t around to enhance stability. Look at the back closure: a good strapless bra will have a wider band and more hooks in back on larger sizes to ensure a snug and comfortable fit.
5. Comfortable boning on the sides:
Boning, the inserts on a bra’s band that help it keep its structure, are necessary for support. The downside is that on many conventional bras, they can quickly become uncomfortable. Choose a bra with boning that’s softly encased with quality padding, like our 24/7 Classic Strapless.